Release date: April 2017
Valid through: April 2020
This activity is intended for acute care physicians, chiefs of medicine, hospital administrators, nurse managers, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, and chaplains.
- Surrogate decision-makers face ethical questions if patient has dementia
- Surge in ED palliative care referrals lowers cost and length of stay
- High ICU volume hastens withdrawal of life-sustaining therapy
- Signs that ethics consult is needed for pediatric end-of-life care
- Unresolved ethical concerns involving big data in healthcare
- Ethical obligations of clinicians interacting with law enforcement
- Why overly strict eligibility criteria for clinical trials is an ethical issue
- How gender and race affect timing of clinical ethics consults
- New health equity study brings serious ethical concerns to light
- Discuss new developments in regulation and healthcare system approaches to bioethical issues applicable to specific healthcare systems;
- Explain the implications for new developments in bioethics as it relates to all aspects of patient care and healthcare delivery in institutional settings;
- Discuss the effect of bioethics on patients, their families, physicians, and society.
- Maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
This activity is sponsored by AHC Media.
AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Consulting Editor: Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD
Nurse Planner: Susan Solverson, BSN, RN, CMSRN
Editor: Jill Drachenberg
Editor: Dana Spector
Consulting Editor Arthur R. Derse, MD, JD, Nurse Planner Susan Solverson, BSN, RN, CMSRN, Editor Jill Drachenberg, Editor Dana Spector, and Author Stacey Kusterbeck report no consultant, stockholder, speakers’ bureau, research, or other financial relationships with companies having ties to this field of study.
Copyright 2017, AHC Media. All rights reserved.