Release date: November 2016
Valid through: November 2019
This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
- An RCT Looking at the Effects of Panax ginseng and Ginkgo biloba
- Changing Gut Microbiota to Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Self-Administered Acupressure Beneficial in Treating Persistent Cancer-Related Fatigue in Breast Cancer Survivors
- How Much More Physical Activity Helps Patients Avoid Chronic Diseases?
- Is Yoga Effective for Treating Asthma?
- Present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies;
- Make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice;
- Describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature.
- Maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2 AOA Category 2-B credits
This activity is sponsored by AHC Media.
AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association has approved this continuing education activity for up to 2 AOA Category 2-B credits.
David Kiefer, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson
Atreyi Mukherji, MD, MPH, FRCPC, Private Practice, Integrative Internal Medicine & Infectious Diseases, Stoney Creek, Ontario
Erica Benedicto, PA-C, MPH, YT, Founder, Shiny Healthy People, Austin, TX
Seema Gupta, MD, MSPH, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family and Community Health, Joan C. Edwards School of Medicine, Marshall University, Huntington, WV
Concepta Merry, MB, BCh, BAO, BA, Associate Professor, Global Health, School of Medicine, Trinity College, Dublin; Integrative Medicine Fellow, University of Arizona, Tucson
Executive Editor: David Kiefer, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson
AHC Media Executive Editor: Leslie Coplin
Associate Managing Editor: Jonathan Springston
Authors Atreyi Mukherji, MD; Erica Benedicto, PA-C, MPH, YT; Seema Gupta, MD, MSPH, and Concepta Merry, MB, BCh, BAO, BA report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Integrative Medicine Alert's Executive Editor David Kiefer, MD, Peer Reviewer Suhani Bora, MD, AHC Media Executive Editor Leslie Coplin, and Managing Editor Jonathan Springston report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Copyright 2016, AHC Media. All rights reserved.