Release date: September 2016
Valid through: September 2019
This activity is intended for physicians and researchers interested in complementary and alternative medicine.
- Dietary Supplement Use Among the Elderly
- Incretin and Insulin Secretion Improved in Non-Diabetic Individuals by Lactobacillus reuteri Supplementation
- Chocolate Counteracts the Effects of Sleep Deprivation
- Add Fat to the Mediterranean Diet? Some Benefits Found
- Dietary Supplement Safety
- Present evidence-based clinical analyses of commonly used alternative therapies;
- Make informed, evidence-based recommendations to clinicians about whether to consider using such therapies in practice;
- Describe and critique the objectives, methods, results and conclusions of useful, current, peer-reviewed clinical studies in alternative medicine as published in the scientific literature.
- Maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- 2 AOA Category 2-B credits
This activity is sponsored by AHC Media.
AHC Media is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AHC Media designates this enduring material for a maximum of 3 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Osteopathic Association has approved this continuing education activity for up to 2 AOA Category 2-B credits.
Ellen Feldman, MD, Altru Health System, Grand Forks, ND
Carrie Decker, ND, Founder and Medical Director, Blessed Thistle, Eugene, OR
George Munoz, MD, The Oasis Institute, Aventura, FL
David Kiefer, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson
Executive Editor: David Kiefer, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Family Medicine, University of Wisconsin; Clinical Assistant Professor of Medicine, Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, University of Arizona, Tucson
AHC Media Executive Editor: Leslie Coplin
Associate Managing Editor: Jonathan Springston
Author George Munoz, MD, reports he is a consultant for UCB, and is on the speakers bureau for Primus and UCB. Authors Ellen Feldman, MD, and Carrie Decker, ND, report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Integrative Medicine Alert's Executive Editor David Kiefer, MD, Peer Reviewer J. Adam Rindfleisch, MD, MPhil, AHC Media Executive Editor Leslie Coplin, and Managing Editor Jonathan Springston report no financial relationships relevant to this field of study.
Copyright 2016, AHC Media. All rights reserved.